12.01.2008

You might not know about the Teenage Spaceship.



So remember those 3 papers I was writing last week? Well now I have 2 more. SO.

Teenage Spaceship is the 5th track off of Smog's excellent 7th album, Knock Knock. People say that there are better Smog albums than this one, but I don't believe them. It's not quite the lo-fi, Jandek-esque mess we saw on his super-early albums, but it's not as shiny as the new albums (not that there's anything wrong with that...).

Callahan's voice has hardly ever been more earnest here, and the melody has hardly ever been better crafted. He's doing the clunky piano trope, and the self-referencial lyrics ("I was a teenage Smog/Sewen to the sky").

But just in case you forgot how it felt to be seventeen, Smog is here to remind you. In the best way possible. Becuase no matter how much you wish you could forget about it, it's probably best if you didn't.

Teenage Spaceship--Smog

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh no! 5 papers much of papers! I hope you successfully complete they and I am obtained good ranks also!